My name is Simon Forsyth and I am a counsellor, psychotherapist and lecturer. I am also an accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP).
I am an integrative therapist with a strong humanistic foundation. This means that while I may draw on ideas and techniques from various modes of therapy as best suits the needs of the client, the backbone of my work is firmly based on the ideals of humanistic approaches and their belief that everyone has an in-built capacity to grow and find their place in the world. Pride, self-acceptance and living an authentic life should be open to all.
My aim is to offer you an accepting, confidential, non-judgemental environment where you can really be yourself; one where you can explore, grow and find the answers that fit for you at your own pace, with my support.
I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community and am passionate about individuality. I have worked with people from an array of backgrounds and life experiences, of different ages, genders, nationalities, sexualities, cultures, and spiritual beliefs – I treat each client’s unique story with the same openness and respect, and I look forward to hearing yours.
Below are some common areas people may seek to explore in therapy and which I have helped clients work with:
- Developing self-esteem, self-worth and self-compassion
- Personal development and finding meaning
- Major life decisions and periods of transition
- Gender, sexuality and relationship issues
- LGBTQIA+ identity
- Grief and loss
- Anxiety and worry
- Depression and low mood (feeling down/out of sorts)
- Work/College-related stress
- Covid-19-related uncertainty
- Traumas, such as abuse and bullying
- Family dynamics and impactful childhood experiences
- Overwhelming feelings, such as anger, shame, hurt and self-loathing
Like everyone, I have limitations. There are certain issues and client cohorts where another professional with specific training/experience in the area will be preferable – this would include:
- Where there is an active addiction/recovery issue
- Where there is an active eating disorder issue, e.g. bulimia
- Work with a specific psychosexual issue, e.g. erectile dysfunction
- Work with children/adolescents, and couples
In such cases or otherwise where I am not the right fit, I will be happy to help signpost towards an alternative practitioner or organisation.