Personal therapy is an essential element of the trainee counsellor’s journey, helping you process things that come up in class, track your development as you learn, and give you invaluable firsthand experience of being in the client’s chair.
Through my work as a lecturer and workshop facilitator with PCI College, I will have a particular insight into the personal and academic journey you are undertaking on your course. While this insight may on occasion prove useful to the therapy, my approach will be grounded in the same core principles as for any other client, offering you a safe, supportive space for introspection, with the added knowledge that the willingness to uncover your most congruent self will only strengthen your ability to facilitate the same process in others.
- Fully accredited member of IACP since 2018
- Integrative-humanistic approach, incorporating elements from modalities such as psychodynamic, existential, Internal Family Systems and feminist/gender-aware therapies
- Specialism in Writing Therapy, for those interested in exploring this
- Reduced rate of €55-60 for trainees, depending on your course’s requirements
- Limited in-person places available on Tues or Thursdays for October 2021 start
Please note that I start off with weekly sessions with all my clients and this is the same for trainees. Please also be aware that due to my working relationship with PCI College, I tend not to take on trainees starting their studies there, so as to avoid any possible crossover.