I am delighted to announce that myself and fellow therapist/lecturer Margaret O’Connor of the Are Kids For Me? counselling service and podcast will be co-facilitating a new one-day writing workshop, ‘Taking the Road Less Travelled: Embracing Your Childfree Life’ on Saturday 26 June through Zoom.
You can listen to us talk a bit about the day on her podcast here: https://www.arekidsforme.ie/post/simon-forsyth-childfree-writing-workshop
Combining reflective writing, personal development and shared discussion, the workshop is for anyone that has made the choice to be childfree and would like to deepen their awareness of what this means for them.
It aims to provide you with:
- A space to connect with others that have also chosen the childfree road in life
- A space to reflect on your experiences and feelings in a supportive environment
- A space to embrace your identity, values and opportunities related to being childfree
- No previous experience of creative or reflective writing is needed
- Sharing of words written will be encouraged but always optional
- Emphasis is on process and exploration, not the production of polished work
Time: 10:00 – 16:00 IST
Download flyer here:
Margaret and I are both passionate about the normalisation of the childfree choice in society and I’m hopeful that our workshop will in some small way contribute to this. Feel free to share with anyone you think might be interested!